Friday, August 26, 2011

John Piper Live

I loved pretty much everything about QTC's John Piper evening yesterday. 

I'd just finished reading Piper's 'Don't Waste Your Life' and it was really helpful to hear bits that I recognised in his talk but have them expanded and expressed differently so I understood them just a little bit more. And lots of new material too.


Colin Buchanan is such a professional. As much as I enjoyed his music, and I did, I also learned so much from him as a song leader. It's actually okay for the song leader to totally stop singing and let the congregation take it away. Very cool. 

My 'high' for the evening: If singing praises to God sounds that good with 3200 people, how great is heaven going to be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to know what you think of this post.

Here's how to add your comment:
- Enter your comment in the box below.
- Click on the triangle next to the 'Comment as:' box to tell us who you are. You can sign in if you have a google or other account, enter your name and URL if you have a website, or just click 'Anonymous'.
- Click 'Publish'.