Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Habakkuk

I just finished a run of four consecutive sermons on Sunday - the longest series I've done since before I was married.  It was only supposed to be three on the Old Testament prophet Habakkuk, but roster changes due to illness meant I had to do another one immediately beforehand.

Long story short, it went well.  I really enjoyed digging into the book.  If you haven't read it, it's got little gem phrases like "the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of God as the waters cover the sea" (anyone else remember the old RCH hymn?), and "the righteous shall live by faith".  The one sentence summary: in a messed up, complicated world, God is sovereign and we can trust Him always.

But that said, I'm glad it's over.  I wouldn't have said I was particularly stressed about it; Petrina made sure I had all the preparation time I needed, even weeks in advance. But still at Sunday lunch-time I could almost feel the stress falling away.

Looking forward to not being the one talking for the next couple of months, and to our new minister arriving in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to know what you think of this post.

Here's how to add your comment:
- Enter your comment in the box below.
- Click on the triangle next to the 'Comment as:' box to tell us who you are. You can sign in if you have a google or other account, enter your name and URL if you have a website, or just click 'Anonymous'.
- Click 'Publish'.