Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Empire building...

For a long time I've harboured visions of grand model railway empires, stretching for (scale) miles and miles.  I have very fond memories of the now defunct Flaxton Barn model railway at Mapleton, and another "big tin shed" display near Beenleigh/Beaudesert.

And last night, I took delivery of the first step in building my own empire:






It doesn't look like much yet, because it's the unassembled kit for a T-Trak N scale single module.  But hopefully, when it's finished it'll look something a little like this:





That's one of many sets of grain silos on the Western Downs - each little town had them, all right beside the rail line for ease of transport to the big smoke.

So watch this space for further updates.  And who knows, maybe in 30 years I can take early retirement and let people walk through my shed looking at my own little empire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to know what you think of this post.

Here's how to add your comment:
- Enter your comment in the box below.
- Click on the triangle next to the 'Comment as:' box to tell us who you are. You can sign in if you have a google or other account, enter your name and URL if you have a website, or just click 'Anonymous'.
- Click 'Publish'.