Monday, October 4, 2010

Sign time

I'm so thankful that we've been doing some signing with SP. His expressive language may not be great at this point ('mama' is reliable and specific & he said 'gama' (grandma) and 'bub' for the first time yesterday), but with signing he can definitely get his message across. And I'm enjoying learning some Auslan too. Maybe it will come in useful someday.


His favourite signs are:
  • finished
  • bye bye
  • plane
  • car
  • milk
  • cheese (I think. We only started this one a couple of days ago, as cheese is his favourite food)
  • cuddles
  • Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (twinkle hands & a 'diamond')
  • Away in a Manger (cuddle arms & a sleeping head)
  • me (especially when we're reading his God Loves Me Bible. "God loved [insert bible character here]. And God loves 'ME'". So cute!)
 I had some photos of Twinkle Twinkle and Me to share, but I just realised they're on Aunty Rachel's camera. I'll post them soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to know what you think of this post.

Here's how to add your comment:
- Enter your comment in the box below.
- Click on the triangle next to the 'Comment as:' box to tell us who you are. You can sign in if you have a google or other account, enter your name and URL if you have a website, or just click 'Anonymous'.
- Click 'Publish'.