Monday, April 2, 2012

Encouraged

I was reading James 5 this morning, and was struck by verses 13-15. 

As I was reading, I realised that I'd been feeling like I let F down by my inability to spend hours in prayer for her when she was so sick. I did a lot of little 'God, help us!' prayers, but anything deeper than that just seemed to be beyond me. 

But so many others prayed for her, and for all of us. And it still blows me away that God chose to heal her physically. 

So thank you all for praying in faith. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel like you failed. That's what the body of Christ is all about.

    I have known times when things have been so tough that I have been unable to pray about them. Sometimes it is just too hard to give words to the pain. What a relief it was to know that others were praying for me when I just couldn't do it.

    And what a joy and privilege to be able to be on the giving side of that equation too - to give words and lift them to the Lord on the behalf of others.

    I will pray right now that your memory of being upheld by the prayers of many will always encourage you.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to know what you think of this post.

Here's how to add your comment:
- Enter your comment in the box below.
- Click on the triangle next to the 'Comment as:' box to tell us who you are. You can sign in if you have a google or other account, enter your name and URL if you have a website, or just click 'Anonymous'.
- Click 'Publish'.