Sunday, May 16, 2010

A fruitful fete day

I usually have a little list running in my head, if not on paper, of things I'm on the look out to buy. As of yesterday morning, at the top of my list for Sam was:
  • small (baby hand size) blocks
  • an alphabet book
  • a lift-the-flap book
I got quite excited when we turned up at Sam's Grandma's school fete yesterday and the first thing we saw was a car boot sale with... the perfect little blocks, just like I'd been looking for.

After getting settled, we had a look around the book stall. And what did I find? An alphabet lift-the-flap book. And a variety of other interesting-looking things - I'm terrible at book stalls. But for $1 a book, I figure you can't go too far wrong.

The rest of the day was a lot of fun too, especially the couple of hours in the afternoon when we just hung out on the grass, listened to some great live musicians (aka the school kids) and Sam got to play in the dirt.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to know what you think of this post.

Here's how to add your comment:
- Enter your comment in the box below.
- Click on the triangle next to the 'Comment as:' box to tell us who you are. You can sign in if you have a google or other account, enter your name and URL if you have a website, or just click 'Anonymous'.
- Click 'Publish'.