Saturday, January 5, 2013

I don't cry in sad movies

As Dave has already said, we saw Les Miserables last night. I took a big hanky, and had it at the ready. Then I remembered something. 

I don't cry in sad movies. I cry in happy ones. 

I cried in Stuart Little, when little Stuart powered on through to win the boat race (is that even what happened? It's been a long time since I saw it.)

I was getting teary in last night's preview for 'The Impossible,' a movie about a family caught in the 2004 tsunami. It only takes a couple of bars of swelling 'reunion of loved ones'-type music to get me going. 

Even inspiring blog posts can make me choke up. Like this one from Hands Free Mama, that I read just a few minutes ago. 

Les Mis was amazing. The rawness of the emotion in the soliloquies blew me away. Even though I know the music very, very well, I was discovering the story all over again. 

But it didn't make me cry. 

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it yet... but I'm sure it would make me cry. Until I had children I pretty much never cried in anything (apart from Anne of Green Gables, the scene where Matthew died!), but now it doesn't take much at all to get me going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Particular interviews furnish firsthand message on mart size, industry trends, ontogeny trends, capitalist landscape and outlook, etc. filmyhit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. filmyhit

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guardians do an astounding web diary, and have some unfathomable substance. Continue doing extraordinary. 9xrockers

    ReplyDelete

We would love to know what you think of this post.

Here's how to add your comment:
- Enter your comment in the box below.
- Click on the triangle next to the 'Comment as:' box to tell us who you are. You can sign in if you have a google or other account, enter your name and URL if you have a website, or just click 'Anonymous'.
- Click 'Publish'.