Monday, June 21, 2010

A fun weekend

Saturday morning: I baked brownies for our church's coffee shop stall at the EJ fete. Lots of brownies. Dave & SP had a trip to Toyworld and Spotlight, where SP got a helium balloon.



Saturday afternoon: Dave helped his lovely sister buy a car, and SP & I checked out the Pregnancy, Babies & Children's Expo at the convention centre. I think it's worth making it an annual event just for the animal farm.



Saturday night: Date night. Usually we go out one week then stay in & read a book together the next week. But we both have croaky voices at the moment so we watched a taped Masterchef Masterclass instead. Now I want to make bread.

Sunday morning: Church. I was playing the piano & had fun incorporating some tips from Twist. Then we all headed down to the fete for morning tea.


Sunday afternoon: Chilled out at Mum's while Dave did his shift at the fete. I mostly listened to Mum & SP playing while I knitted. Lovely :)


Sunday night: Now that my work has switched to Mondays (from Thursdays), a relaxed do-nothing Sunday evening leads to an unnecessarily frantic Monday morning. Last night I was pleased to discover that half an hour is plenty to do all the 'getting ready for the week' bits & pieces that make such a difference.

Into the week we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to know what you think of this post.

Here's how to add your comment:
- Enter your comment in the box below.
- Click on the triangle next to the 'Comment as:' box to tell us who you are. You can sign in if you have a google or other account, enter your name and URL if you have a website, or just click 'Anonymous'.
- Click 'Publish'.