Friday, June 11, 2010

Knitting Update

My nappy cover is coming along beautifully! I've learned to use circular needles, to do a 2x2 rib, to make eyelet holes, to use a stitch holder and to decrease for shaping. There are lots of mistakes in my knitting, especially in the ribbing, but I'm immensely proud of what I've achieved so far.

Next steps: finish my decreasing, weave in the stitches from the stitch holder (no idea how to do this - I'm hoping youtube will be helpful), knit an i-cord to tie through the eyelets, and maybe do some cuffs.

I'm getting a real buzz from all this craftiness, but I suspect my housework is suffering. Hmm, how to find a balance... Any ideas?

 

4 comments:

  1. Balance is boring. Keep on knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic blue! Great work!

    What I love about being a parent is that it gives you the chance to do all kinds of things you never dreamed you'd do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Simone :)

    The cover in the photo is a lovely blue, but that's just the photo. In real life it's much greener. Not sure why the photo turned out that way.

    The photo makes me want to knit one in brilliant blue though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how can that not be blue????

    I need to use your camera and see if my eyes come out a lovely blue too!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to know what you think of this post.

Here's how to add your comment:
- Enter your comment in the box below.
- Click on the triangle next to the 'Comment as:' box to tell us who you are. You can sign in if you have a google or other account, enter your name and URL if you have a website, or just click 'Anonymous'.
- Click 'Publish'.