Saturday, August 18, 2012

Learn First Aid

Late last year, our neighbour's toddler became suddenly unconscious. He recovered quickly, but that day I resolved to update my first aid training. 

Then F had her little incident, and it moved up my priority list. 

I was pleased to find that the Queensland Ambulance Service now offers e-Learning courses. A pre-course DVD, then 2.5 hours to do the practical component. I did my Apply First Aid practical this morning. 

I came away convinced that I should spread the word. First Aid really does save lives. And the life you save is most likely to be someone you love.

It's not costly either. If you don't need a certificate, basic CPR training from QAS starts at just $29.95. 

I pray that I won't need my first aid knowledge any time soon. But I'm much more confident now that someone I love is ill or injured, I would know how to help them. 

Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to know what you think of this post.

Here's how to add your comment:
- Enter your comment in the box below.
- Click on the triangle next to the 'Comment as:' box to tell us who you are. You can sign in if you have a google or other account, enter your name and URL if you have a website, or just click 'Anonymous'.
- Click 'Publish'.